Sunday, October 10, 2004

prose: battle wounds

i have once said to myself, the workings of my *rchitectural life will not be published here. i have this thought of what happens in my life is enough in the 'real' world, my virtual world would consist of pink cotton candies, rolling hills, white rabbits frolicking in green meadows.

the last 36 hours was a tumultous experience, one of the many i have faced. i was deprived of sleep (try 1 hour in two days), eat (pow + teh ais for the whole day) and was nearly handicapped (i got this cramp in my legs and spent days limping). now my mouth is parched, i think my weight dropped 4-5 kgs, my posture is terrible, my eyes are blurry.

i was battling Sauron on the behalf of the whole of Middle-Earth. to think that it would be a relief when it was all over? it did not. it gave me a lingering sense of continuance. not a full-stop as with many submissions before this.

why? maybe it is still a maybe. on one hand i'd be free. on the other i would be immortalised here. it is a 50/50 chance. it's like walking with a snare around your neck. u never know. i can just hope.

2 hours to 3 o'clock yesterday i was panic stricken. my pc was having constipation, i've got to find other pcs to do my work. this time round i was known as the guy who uses everything- photoshop, illustrator, manual 3-d, sketchup, 3d max, you name it. not just that, i also have to be parasitic at other people's workstation?

help came from where you least expected. such a touching moment. gratefullness swells within me.


thank you liza minelli and mandragiri.
i am much indebted, even words cannot express.

5 Comments:

Blogger awan said...

buy them dinner. or a house by the beach will do.

2:47 pm  
Blogger worknation said...

it's supposed to be the other way round lah, the more expensive one comes first.

5:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

only liza and mandragiri? wat 'bout me???? accompanied u for the whole semester.... be there for you... (yeke?)... hehe.. anyway... let it be the sweetest memories in u'r life... our life maybe...

11:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's ok then.... u did that last year... don't repeat that again next year

1:32 am  
Blogger worknation said...

hish.... jangan la ada next sem. i want to blow this joint. ko pon sama gak ... harapan kita berdua lah hehe

3:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home