Monday, June 21, 2004

play: Night out at Jubillee

I wrote this after i read Twelfth Night. Such an influence! This is my take on Shakespeare (i am not even close to being close!), depicting a snippet of an ancient but fond memory imbedded at the back of my head. This piece shall be revised for the better.

Scene 4 (part of): At the junction near the State Mosque, night time. The junction is illuminated by a lampost, with the mosque barely visible amidst trees.

Cast:(Sebastian, Viola, Sir Andrew)

Sebastian (to Voila):
That bag thou bear might usher thee the night’s spirit away.

Sir Andrew (chiding in, valiantly):
If I could help it not. Come, let me bear thy burden, lest thy spirit it take not.

Viola (carrying an apparently heavy bag):
Nay! This burden is naught for thee to bear, for this bag I give, I
give also my heart. Thus let the bearer of my love bear also the burden of this bag.

Sebastian (taking the bag from Voila):
Then let this bearer of thy love bear also thy burden.
Hand me thy heart.

2 Comments:

Blogger Syafeeq said...

bravo!

5:10 pm  
Blogger worknation said...

an elizabethan style comment from syaf. hehe

1:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home